The goal of any marketing strategy is to grow and create maximum brand awareness to ultimately grow business revenue. As such, brand owners need to give marketing the time, research and attention it deserves; they need to get to know their customer base and how to reach them effectively.
In order for a marketing strategy and plan to be successful, it must be multi-faceted, realistic and implemented consistently over time, all the time. There are no shortcuts – it takes time and patience.
Cementing trust and brand loyalty among your customers takes planning and strategy.
How does it work?
Depending on your resources, there are a number of ways to go about accomplishing this. This is where it is essential for you to record your marketing plan, describing each marketing strategy in detail.
List your marketing goals
- Detail specific activities you intend to undertake
- Identify the target audience for each activity; this can reveal opportunities from a new audience or potential product line, pitfalls in pricing, competition reaction and potential reach
Set your budget
- Specify how you’re going to spend on each platform to measure succes
- Develop the marketing communications strategies and tactics
- Prepare an in-depth and detailed approach to laying out your marketing strategy
- Be flexible enough to allow adjustments as necessary
- Stipulate who on your team is responsible for each activity
- Spend only what you can afford
- Set a realistic and manageable timeline
- Ensure that you are your team have the requisite time to dedicate to the marketing activities without negatively impacting the plan